Terms and Conditions of Collaborations
I will often do collaborations, generally called TF (Trade For) shoots. This means all parties involved are providing their services for free and then everyone receives copies of the images to use for non profit with full credit to all involved.
It's rare that something is completely free, they'll be costs for travel, makeup, props, studio, etc. As a general rule I will provide the studio (if needed) at my cost but will not cover travel costs. There are other factors, such as experience and who approached who. It may be that costs are shared down the middle, so whatever the total cost will be each will pay an equal share. At the other end of the scale, if you are a very experienced model that can bring a lot to my portfolio I may front all costs.
- I will provide basic retouched shots usually within 2 weeks by email or email download link. Depending on quantity it may be a batch within 2 weeks and then others to follow as and when complete. Conceptual shots or those requiring more editing may take longer.
- The number of images is dependent on how many sets. I normally aim for 2-3 per set/look. From past experience it averages 10-20 retouched shots from a 4 hour shoot.
- I DO NOT provide all images, I only send out retouched shots.
- All images will have my small logo, 'KING'
- Images are sent web sized, normally 1080 pixels high. Full res images are available on request.
- Images can be used anywhere but all parties involved need to be credited where possible. This includes printed media where a common courtesy is to inform all those that the images are going to be submitted and again when the images appear.
- No one can sell images or make a profit in any way without the express permission of the other parties. If I ever feel shots may be worth selling I will ask the models permission and split profits 50/50.
- Do not edit any images you are given. If you want a particular edit changed then contact me first. Slight modification such as cropping off the logo is okay for some online distributions such as for instagram as long as there is accompanying credits.
- I retain copyright.